Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My New Love

Diddlee-dee diddlee-dee,
I’ve got a MacBookPro
and I’m giddy with glee.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to re-format my external harddrive so that it plays nicely with the new dual-core baby.

That’s where Steve comes in. Steve, aka the Mac Doc, is my Mac Fix-It Genius. He’s been fixing Macs since 1990. He’s brilliant at what he does. The man can scroll faster than God. Seriously. He can scan your harddrive (i.e. with his eyes) and root out any lurking nasties faster than you can say “What’s that… oh never mind.”

He’s an Apple certified Pro, so he can help with advice on that all-important decision of which new machine to buy. If you’re smart you’ll buy any new electronic device through your tech support person, which costs no extra and simply involves going to the online store VIA the dealer’s site, so that he gets the credit from the mother-ship (in this case, Apple) and is pre-disposed to treat you well. Sound like an unnecessary step? Think of the last time you bought a new pair of glasses and then needed them adjusted later when you accidentally sat on them…. more than likely, you returned to the store where you bought them, and they adjusted them then and there for free or a minimal charge. Same concept. It used to be known as a relationship. But that was before the demise of customer service in America.

When my new baby arrived, he migrated my old data from my old laptop, Tinkerbell, and set up the new baby, Isadora, so that all my drivers and apps work beautifully.

What?? You don’t name your machines? Why ever not? After all they do for you… you should be ashamed.

No comments: